There is no higher priority for Noble House Ear, Nose and Throat than the health and well-being of our patients and employees. We are closely following guidance on COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to stay on top of all developments. We fully recognize that many of the population we serve are among the most vulnerable to diseases like COVID-19 and the flu.
In accordance with interim guidance from the CDC, we are also taking the following additional measures to further strengthen our protocols and safeguard our patients’ health:
- If you are feeling under the weather or are experiencing a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, we would ask that you call and reschedule your appointment so as not to put other patients at risk. You could also see if a healthy loved one could bring your hearing aids to the office for a cleaning. We recommend reviewing guidelines from the CDC on preventing illness.
- We are scheduling patients further apart to minimize any interaction between you and other people.
- We request that only the patient attend the appointment unless they are a minor or require assistance.
- If you need additional accommodations, please don’t hesitate to call our office to discuss.
The following precautions are being taken in our audiology department regarding hearing aids:
- We are not taking in-person appointments at this time.
- Particularly if an underlying condition or your age makes you more vulnerable to COVID-19, we urge you to avoid dropping in for hearing aid repairs. Please call to discuss the issue with us. We will discuss your available options to ensure that we are still addressing your hearing healthcare.
- We are not able to provide batteries at the front desk while our COVID-19 protocol in is place. IF needed in the interim, batteries can be purchased online or in any store that has a pharmacy.
The following precautions are being taken in our allergy department regarding shots:
- Beginning March 23, no shots will be given for 2-3 weeks. We will notify our patients once this restriction has been lifted.
We take your health seriously, and thank you for continuing to choose us for your hearing and ear, nose and throat needs. If you have any questions or concerns, we look forward to helping you address them in the future.